A delicious way to get more protein in to your diet if you are finding it hard to reach your recommended daily protein intake - this will vary depending on training goals and of course your body type/size.
Proteins are known as ‘the building blocks’ it’s what you need to consume to repair and build muscle after exercise. When you exercise you create microscopic tears in the muscle fibres, by consuming a high protein meal after exercising your body can deliver amino acids (small proteins) to the muscle and assist in its repair, recovery and rebuild.
For the pancakes:
1 cup of rolled oats
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein powder
1/2 cup almond milk
pinch of baking powder.
For the topping:
2 table spoons of peanut butter
1 cup of blueberries
2 teaspoons of sugar free syrup (optional).
Nutrition per serving:
Calories, 458 Kcal
1. Add the oats to blender and blend until the consistency is similar to flour.
2. Add banana, egg, protein, almond milk and baking powder and blend until smooth.
3. Coat a frying pan with low cal cooking spray or brush lightly with oil and put on a medium heat.
4. Pour desired amount of mixture into the hot frying pan (I suggest 1/6 of the liquid) dependent on size of pancake you want.
5. Fry for 90 seconds on each side of the pancake or until a golden brown colour.
6. Serve pancakes with peanut butter, blueberries and sugar free syrup (optional)!
we hope you enjoy these delicious pancakes, whether they are the meal to start off your day or your delicious post exercise snack!